Monday, November 16, 2009

Wondering Woman and the Amzing Bondage Machine


Grant Morrison and Ethan Van Sciver to write a Wonder Woman Comic? As long as it does not ruin a FANTASTIC Gail Simone WW run. Look, I love the work of those two artists, and adore their New X-Men work, but I'm not sure I'm ready for a hyper sexualized Wonder Woman book. It's not as if Van Sciver is known for his sexy book work, he's quite the opposite in fact. No cheesecake for him. But after horrible flashbacks to Mary Marvel in Final Crisis, I am apprehensive. Greg Rucka and Gail Simone have built a new direction for Diana (almost ruined by Jodi Picoult, is there seriously a writer who could misunderstand the character more?) and I don't want to see another Bondage induced direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment