Friday, February 19, 2010

New Adventures of He-Man

Long Time, No Write.
I'm back.
Let's update.
Look for a new musical by me and a partner soon. Very soon.
Weird Al Tribute starting Monday. Seriously this time.

Now to the post. In light of the terrbile tuesday that caused me not to obtain this kitty, I have become he-obsessed. So far, 9 episodes into New Adventures of He-Man (my reacquaintance) I came across a thread on the He-Man.org boards. Before that, a little history. When I had access to the internet for the first time in 1996, what were the very first things I searched for? Pictures of Sunny from WWF (yes I was a virile young boy) and He-Man. He-Man.org was an absolute revelation. Full of useful information, and a fantastic message board. I have joined 4 separate times. Mainly because you can't use webmail to join, only from an ISP. I've had many, and each time I get rid of one, my email address goes with it. So I can never stay connected. And let's face it, I'm not so great at posting on message boards.
To now, I search the boards to find what planet Primus (He-Man's new planet for this series) actually is. I heard a comment on an episode that referenced John F. Kennedy as a "wise old sage" from a past time. So I think, oh is Primus Earth? Won't that destroy continuity? He-Man's mother (Marlena) is from Earth, making Adam/He-Man half human. And this planet is the future/past/whatever. Earth was from another dimension in Filmation continuity (accepted as canon), so my head was spinning a bit. Then I see Optikk's new bio, and start to spin my head more. I need answers from the He-Boards!
Thankfully writer/creator of the New Adventures series Jack Olesker was on the boards and revealed that Primus was...Heaven.
Heaven? How? They use science on this planet, create machine, and have dumb mutants trying to destroy them. Clearly nothing of Christian mythology fits. Olesker explains that it was the ultimate battle of good and evil, Adam vs. the Devil (Skeletor).I do not get any of this; and being the good questioning science believer I am, I have a multitude of questions. I signed up for the fourth time, and will be grilling Jack Olesker on the subject. I will come back and explain what happened.
My new name on the He-man.org boards? Optikknerve. You can follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment